Posted by admin on May 6, 2015
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL UNITED STATES RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES LAW AND IN OTHER COUNTRIES AS ALLOWED BY THEIR LAWS.
THESE RULES GOVERN ALL ASPECTS OF PARTICIPATION AND PRIZE AWARD.
1. Introduction. The GOvier Tournament Contest (the “Tournament”) is sponsored by youGOvi LLC, a Florida limited liability company (“Sponsor”). The Contest is offered through the Sponsor’s software application (the “App”). Winners will be selected from eligible entries in the Video, Photo, Charity, Team Up 4 Team and One Day Run Competitions on the App. The users who reach certain usage metrics listed herein will be sent notification and given entry into the tournament.
ONLY ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED PER EACH CONTEST
2. How to Enter. The Contest start and end date shall be posted on www.youGOvi.com (“Competition Period”). Users who have entered a photo and/or video not longer than twenty (20) seconds in length and have achieved the following criteria within a span of 15 days, will be eligible for this Tournament:
Video GOvier: User has voted for 20 videos and has uploaded 3 valid videos to a competition, will be deemed a frequent Video GOvier.
Photo GOvier: User has voted for 20 photos and has uploaded 3 valid photos to a competition, will be deemed a frequent Photo GOvier.
User may submit as many entries as desired, however only one entry will be eligible for prize consideration in each posted competition. Each unique user is only eligible for one (1) prize in each posted competition. Should a user post multiple entries to any one competition, and should multiple entries receive sufficient votes to qualify for a win, only one (1) prize will be awarded. The users entry with the most votes will be deemed the users prize and all other entries winning prizes will be voided. The entry with the next number of votes in the order of merit will be promoted to take prize.
The user must own the content of the photo or video posted to any contest, photos and videos must have been created by the user, or have proprietary rights to use.
Users understand and agree that any submission made to the primary video or photo competition may be eligible to be automatically entered into the frequent GOvier Tournament subject to the rules of the GOvier Tournament Contest. Once user has archived the metrics outlined about, the user will be sent a push notification via the App (please note, user must agree to allow push notifications) that confirms successful admission into the frequent GOvier contest. At that time, user will be eligible to submit a photo or video to the Tournament, subject to the rules of the named tournament.
3. Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry or the age of majority in their home state where required. Minors must have parental/legal guardian consent to participate. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer and director are not eligible. By participating, entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited. Winners agree that the sponsor, its affiliates and their agencies and employees shall not be liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Contest or from acceptance or use of the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to verify that any winner meets eligibility requirements.
4. Conditions of Entry. Eligible entrants must enter via the App as described. Incomplete entries are void. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Entry must be an original video or photo with all rights owned by entrant. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entry materials that have been tampered with are void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or App account information. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other method will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Selection Criteria. Sponsor will award one (1) potential Grand Prize, one (1) first runner up prize and one (1) second runner up prize of value as determined by the Sponsor and listed in the app. The sponsor may also award prize to those participants that place between 4th and 10th place in order of votes. Each eligible entry received will be displayed on the App and be voted upon by other App users. The eligible entry that receives the most votes during the Competition Period will be selected as the winner. The Sponsor may also award the youGOvi’s Team Best Pic Prize to content that is deemed to have desired level of creativity and originality as determined by the sponsor.
Sponsor may also from time to time conduct a “1st Level” GOviVideo, GOviPhoto competitions or One-Day competition. The level one competitions will be eligible for those users who have downloaded and registered within the app in the previous ninety (90) days from the first day of the competition as listed on the app and website or has not achieved an average of thirty (30) votes per day on the app. After user build its followers he/she will earn 2nd Level status, where the competitions are more intense and Cash prizes larger.
All “1st Level” competitions with dates shall be listed on the website www.yougovi.com. Users who have been registered on the app for more than 90 days or have achieved an average of more than thirty (30) votes per day are eligible for 2nd Level competitions.
Sponsor may also from time to time, award a Team up 4 Team Prize, in which entrants may enter competition on behalf of a team and/or organization of the entrant’s choice. These competition dates and prizes will be listed on the website www.youGOvi.com and prizes for the “team” competitions will be sent to the team or organization.
The Daily rules for voting are as follows:
Users may vote once for any eligible video by clicking on the open heart, once the heart is filled in, the vote has been cast and can be removed by clicking the heart again. In competitions lasting more than one day, the votes will be reset for the next day and users may return and vote again.
Bonus votes for sharing content.
A bonus vote will be awarded to users who share their own original work via the app to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. The user may only share original work that the individual users have posted to a current competition in the app. For each day of the active competition the user may share to the listed social media one time and one time only per day and any pictures or videos that have been previously voted for in that day will be made eligible to cast one (1) additional vote. User may share a new photo or video the following day to once again earn the ability to cast votes for any items previously voted for. The day is defined as a calendar day between the hours of 12am-12pm EST.
youGOvi reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify the ending date and/or time, or suspend the Contest at any time.
Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules and Sponsor’. If a potential winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her home state, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. Except where prohibited, potential winner must complete, sign and submit a Declaration of Compliance & Publicity Release (“Declaration”) within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to submit the Declaration within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all eligible entries received. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled four (4) to six (6) weeks after winner verification.
6. Prize. One (1) Grand Prize, One (1) First Runner Up Prize and One (1) Second Runner Up Prize of value as determined by the Sponsor and listed in the app may be awarded. The sponsor may also award up to seven more prizes for the contest. The Prizes that will be received by the Contest winners and values will be listed on www.youGOvi.com. No substitution of the Grand Prize is allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of greater or equal value. Winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable fees and taxes associated with prize receipt and use.
In the case of a tie in total number of votes, the entry that was submitted earliest in competition as tracked by the app, will be determined the final winner.
7. Winners. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name or username, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. If, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that portion of the Contest and conduct a random drawing using all entries received as of the termination date. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the end of the Competition Period, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Start Date, End Date, and the right to modify, add or remove additional Competition deadlines for any reason. Any changes will be communicated through the Competition Website. Competition Sponsor also reserves the right to modify, remove or add Data to the Website upon notice via the Competition Website. youGOvi LLC, IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE OF A PARTICIPANT TO RECEIVE DATA CHANGES. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage the Website or App or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
For any prize with a value of greater than Six hundred dollars ($600), sponsor will send IRS the appropriate 1099 form and winner will be responsible for any and all tax implications stemming from prize. Winner must provide accurate name and Social Security number in order to be eligible to receive payment of prizes.
8. Release. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees that Sponsor, its partners, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s participation in the Contest.
9. Limitations of Liability. Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (6) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or from downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link. If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is to post another entry in the Contest if it is possible. If the Contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
10. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (Broward Division) or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Broward County, Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
12. Winner List. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Competition Period end date (listed above) and no later than seven (7) days following the Competition Period end date. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “Winner list” to: youGOvi@youGOvi.com